Renault Triber was launched the previous year in and recently its updated BS-6 compliant version is launched and with this updated version Renault also launched an AMT option dubbed as the EASY-R AMT. But there is a catch, the recently launched AMT option is INR 40000 dearer to the manual option. The AMT is offered in all variants apart from the base-spec model.
So, first we mention some specifications and features of the Renaut Triber, then after there will be our views on the new Triber.
Renault Triber Specification
The Renault Triber features a BS6-compliant, 999cc 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder ‘Energy’ dual-VVT petrol engine. It outputs 72 PS of power at 6250rpm and 96 Nm of torque at 3500rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The company claims a fuel average of 19kmpl. There is a news in the market that Renault will soon be introducing a more powerful 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with the Triber, probably by the end of 2020. If we talk about the brakes, there is drum brakes are present on the front and the rear wheel with the ABS technology.
The dimensions of the Triber is as follows, 3990 mm in length, 1739 mm in width, and the height is 1643 mm. The fuel tank capacity of the car is 40 litres, and the engine is a Multi Point Fuel Injection engine, that is pretty good.
Renault Triber Features
Honestly, the Renault Triber does not have many features but it has enough features that are present in the sub 5 lakhs price domain. The most notable and biggest feature is that the car is a 7-seater under INR 5 lakhs, which is very uncommon.
On the exterior, it has a very beautiful design. On the front fascia, it sports the triple edge chrome front grille and the projector headlamps with LED DRLs. At the rear side, Triber is having a unique design of the taillamps, Renault called them as Eagle Beak Split tail lamps and also features skid plates to protect the car and make it more beautiful. It has a boot space of 625 litres.
In the interior, the higher models consist of an 8-inch MediaNav touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It also features a stylish dual-tone dashboard with silver accents. The AC vents for the second and third-row seats are available on the higher models. The Triber features a modular seating arrangement, making it one of the most versatile cars under Rs 10 lakh.
On the security front, Renaut offers dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, and rear parking sensors as standard across all variants. The higher variants feature side airbags for more safety. Other features include cooled storage in centre console, push start-stop button, smart access card, and LED instrument cluster.
Renault Triber Review
First we mention the pros :
- Apart from modular seating, there are pretty cool features like a cooled central glovebox, separate air vents for second row as well as third row, and loads of cubby holes.
- A capacity of 625 litres with five seats can put even compact sedans to shame.
- The most notable feature is Modular seating. Triber can be turned into a two-seater, four seater, five-seater, six-seater or even a seven-seater vehicle. Its middle row can also slide forward and backwards.
- Available with an AMT automatic as well.
- Soon to be launched with a turbocharged petrol engine.
Second we mention the cons :
- No diesel engine option. It is the biggest drawback in this car. A practical car like the Triber begs to be driven over long distances. Buyers with such a requirement might miss the option of a frugal diesel engine.
- The engine is not up to the mark. The 1.0-litre engine that puts out 72PS of maximum power might feel underpowered with a full load of passengers.
- Some common features are missing. No automatic climate control, steering-mounted audio controls, alloy wheels, or foglamps.
So, the final verdict is if you are not interested in diesel cars and satisfied with the less powerful engine then you should go for the Renault Triber. But if your requirements are not satisfying from the specifications of the car then you have no alternative then the petrol engine.